Coconut & Turmeric Brown Rice
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
We love making coconut rice and turmeric rice, so here’s a simple recipe that combines the 2! We’ve created this recipe using just 5 key ingredients (plus some water, salt & oil). This makes an excellent side-dish for a South Asian curry or can be used to make a delicious rice bowl with spiced roasted vegetables.
- 2 cups of Brown IBIS Rice
- 2 cups of Coconut Milk
- 1 tbsp. of Ground Turmeric
- 1/2 Yellow Onion Chopped
- Fresh Thai Basil or Corriander (for garnish)
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. of Salt
- 1 cup of water
- Rinse Brown Rice with water and drain 2 times.
- Add Chopped Onions to a pot with Olive Oil and saute till golden & soft on medium heat.
- Turn down heat and add Brown Rice, Coconut Milk, Water, Turmeric & Salt and stir together.
- Turn up the heat and wait for mix to simmer.
- Once simmering, immediately turn down to the lowest heat and cover with a lid.
- Leave to cook for 15 minutes. Lift the lid slightly after 15 minutes to check that liquid is absorbed (but do not stir the rice). If there is still liquid, cook for another 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat and remove from the stove and leave to rest for 10 minutes with the put still covered.
- Lift the lid and use a fork to fluff the rice and mix the crispy rice at the bottom.
- Serve in a large bowl, garnish with fresh basil (and some extra salt to taste) and enjoy!