Holy Basil Pesto with Salt & Pepper Rice Cakes
Good For: Snack
Using aromatic herbs such as holy (thai) basil and lemongrass, this pesto recipe delivers refreshing and tasty flavors that will transport you to the Greater Mekong. This spread pairs great with our organic & wildlife-friendly rice cakes which are infused with world famous Kampot Pepper and Kep Sea-Salt.
- Salt & Pepper IBIS Brown Rice Cakes
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 kaffir lime leaves (stems removed)
- 2 lemongrass stalks (chopped)
- 2 cups of Thaï basil leaves
- 3/4 cup of toasted cashew
- 1 red chili (chopped)
- 3 tbsp of sesame oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 2 tbsp of soy sauce
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- Place toasted cashews in the food processor and blend (try not to overblend to a powder)
- Place blended cashews to the side and add garlic, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass, red chili, 1 cup of Thaï basil leaves, 2 tbsp of sesame oil, 1 tbsp of soy sauce and lime juice into the food processor.
- Blend until smooth
- Add remaining ingredients (basil leaves, sesame oil & soy sauce) to the food processor and blend until smooth.
- Scoop mixture out into a bowl and gradually add and mix with the cashew (if texture is looking too thick, add a bit more sesame oil or don’t add all of the cashew)
- Spread on top of IBIS Salt & Pepper Rice Cakes and garnish with fresh coriander.