Vegan Scallops with Coconut Brown Rice
Good For: Lunch, Dinner
This vegan scallops recipe is our version using king oyster mushrooms. The combination of zesty and spicy flavours pairs beautifully with the delicious nutty-sweet coconut brown rice which we made from our wildlife-friendly and organic grains. Scroll down to our recipe below to learn how you can cook this awesome dish!
- 2 cups of Brown IBIS Rice
- 2 King Oyster Mushroom
- 1 cup of green peas
- 1 cup of snap peas
- 2 cups of coconut milk
- 1 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of Chopped chili
- 1 teaspoon of sriracha
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh thai basil
- 4 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of chopped ginger
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon of crushed dried seaweed
- Chopped Spring Onion
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse and Strain the rice and combine with coconut milk, water and a pinch of salt.
- Turn on the stove on high heat, bring to a boil. Immediately reduce to the lowest heat and cover.
- Simmer for 25 minutes so that all of the water is absorbed.
- Turn off the stove and leave the pot covered for 5 minutes before serving
For the Vegan Scallops
- Boil green peas for 2 minutes in water. Drain and set aside.
- Slice the mushroom into ½ centimeter pieces and carefully carve crisscross on one side. Season with salt & pepper.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on a medium-high heat and carefully add the mushroom. Cook on one side for 4 minutes then turn over.
- Mix together garlic, ginger, chili, basil, sriracha, seaweed and lime juice in a small bowl. After 2 minutes, add the mix and the snap peas with the mushroom and fry for 3-4 more minutes.
- Remove everything from the pan and serve on top of rice and green peas. Garnish with chopped spring onion and enjoy!